Sunday, June 19, 2022

Love Doesn't Change, We Do


And my heart is shattering like buildings and roads after an earthquake. Oh the tragedies every memory I have has to face at the moment, where do I begin? So many tiny things that can slide unnoticed, became magnified that I can see nothing else. Blinded, I've become by all this pain, all these questions and confusions of where I am, and where I'm heading or if I'm able to move at all. I wish I could have mastered the art of not giving a fuck, I would have gone through this better, but it doesn't seem like I could. He tried to sleep in a different room than I was in, again. But I did managed to force him out of there and make him lay next to me. I couldn't hold back my tears so I walked out and tried to breathe the night air at the balcony. But then he followed me from behind and pull my hands in, we started talking, finally. Turns out he was upset with my behavior from our dinner yesterday, he said I pushed him too much to go back my home, but I only asked him about it for 3 times. He even let everything out, I just sat there listening to each of his words. All about he never asked me to put him first, and whatnots.

I'm well aware by the fact that sons, especially the first born, carry huge responsibilities towards his own parents. I knew and I literally pinned that on my brain. Even before we started meeting our parents, I wouldn't want to make him choose between me or his family. Never, 'cuz I wouldn't want any of my brothers to do that to my mom as well. What actually hurts me first was the moment he responded to my request. "Ikut you la, nak balik, balik la". I get that he's annoyed, but it didn't have to be said like that. Not during our fancy delicious dinner. I just wish he could tolerate softly with me a bit, like give me time limit for 3 hours or however long he wishes, or put a condition if I settle the house chores fast, then it's a green light. It just didn't have to be harsh, I'd totally get his point that we need to clean our house first. But as he started sleeping outside, and refused to eat what I cooked for him, even it's not that tasty enough compared to his mom, that what makes me bottle up all the feelings inside. I'm frustrated that he probably know I'm sad, but he labelled it as sulking and never even try to comfort me. 

Pathetic, to stand in this alone, to walk through it alone. And I want to scream, I want to cry, I want to break things and break down, break out of this cage I've imprisoned my soul in. Yet, there's no point in any of this, no lessons to learn. To be filled with so many emotions all at once, all at the same exact instant in time, I feel paralyzed and unable to control or hold onto them, let alone to express them directly to his face. He kept on asking me to let it all out, but how could I tell him that I've grown tired of this marriage life. Of feeling stuck and lock up to such responsibilities and good wife commitments that I'm not used to yet. Of all the cryings caused by his words or actions, every single time bad communication happen between us. I'm tired and I have no strength to keep on walking this path with him. I love him every seconds of my breath, but all this is just too overwhelming for me. I feel like I could've done better, feel happier, if I were to love him from distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment