Friday, June 22, 2018

Freeze


How do you begin to tell someone what they mean to you? Or how much they mean to you? It's easy when I think of the "I should'ves" and "could'ves" looking back now, but when the time comes, I freeze. I guess 'cause I loved the guarantee that if I didn't speak, then I could always stay close to you. Even if it was just as a best friend. Such a twisted thought, but I knew deep in my heart somehow I always wanted you to be a part of my life. And now, I've messed ALL that up. My mind’s just saying that you’ll find somebody better and my heart aches because the possibility of it being true is so high. This is why I don’t wanna love, why I’m so scared to love because there seems to be reasons why they don’t work and I just get exhausted from all the tears and frustration and only to build my confidence just to have it broken down. I wanna keep trying and trying, but I’m too tired. Sometimes, I just wanna know if I’m going to be alone or am I going to be with somebody? Because I’m tired, I’m so tired and . . . what hurts the most was being so close.

The misconception that you just wanted to be "friends" forced me to think, I needed to step back. To allow you to find what you were looking for cause no matter how much I wanted there to be an 'us', I wasn't gonna jeopardize your happiness. Maybe that was the heroic thing to do. Not to be selfish (although I wish I could be). But I feel much like the villain. I lost your trust and I have no excuses. I don't want to try and make any either. I just want you to know (in your heart somehow) that I think about you all the time and like I said before you're not easily forgotten. It's embarrassing that I cannot be strong enough to tell you this but I can write it all down on a screen you will never see. This is my comfort zone, for now, so this'll have to do. And secretly, the little brave part left inside of me, is silently telling you:

I loved us.

I've missed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment